6th December 1944 – Mr Anthony Aguis, an Engine Fitter at the Malta Dry Docks discussed with a number of SDC Members the possibility of starting a Dockyard School.
4th November 1946 – Encouraged by Fr George Preca, Founder of the Society of Christian Doctrine, and supported mainly by the Assistant to the General Superior Mr Carmel Callus, Anthony Aguis greeted the first students who were to start their studies at the new St Michael School which at that time was situated in Villa Violette, Marsa.
19th March 1951 – The foundations of the new school were laid in the new land that was bought on the outskirts of St Venera. Architect Joseph D’Amato was commissioned to prepare the necessary building plans while the execution of the whole project was entrusted to Joseph Sultana.
8th May 1951 – Fr George Preca blessed the foundation stone of the new school in the presence of the major superiors of the Society of Christian Doctrine.
9th August 1951 – Archbishop Mgr. Michael Gonzi blessed the first stone of the new school. This official ceremony was also attended by the highest civil authority including the then Prime Minister Dr George Borg Olivier.
1st September 1977 – The Society of Christian Doctrine established a Board of Directors to help Mr Agius in the administration and running of the school.
29th March 1989 – Mr Anthony Aguis, founder of St Michael School passed away at St Luke’s hospital and on the 31st March 1989. A mass praesente cadaver was held in the Auditorium at the Central House of the Society in Blata l-Bajda.
1st April 1989 – Mr Raymond D’Amato, formerly an Assistant Head, was appointed Headmaster.
16th August 1990 – Commencement of the new extension of the school comprising new classes, laboratories, a chapel and a large spacious hall on the first floor, and a fully-fledged new gymnasium on the right side of the existing wing.
15th November 1996 – Archbishop of Malta Mgr. Joseph Mercieca, blessed the new extension and concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass coinciding with the 50th Anniversary of St Michael School.
8th October 2009 – Archbishop of Malta, Mgr. Paul Cremona OP, concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass in the school ground, blessed the newly decorated chapel, and consecrated the new tabernacle.
1st June 2008 – Commencement of the building of the second floor comprising eight classes and three spacious Science Laboratories.
22nd September 2011 – Archbishop of Malta, Mgr. Paul Cremona OP, concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass in the school ground and blessed the new second floor and Science Labs.
17th April 2017 – Commencement of the excavation and the building of a carpark and new underground basement halls and classes.
6th November 2019 – Bishop Joseph Galea Curmi concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass in the school ground and blessed the newly renovated turf ground and newly built basement halls and carpark.
4th November 2021 – 75th Anniversary of the Foundation of St Michael School. Archbishop of Malta, Mgr. Charles J. Scicluna concelebrated a thanksgiving Mass in the school ground. For this anniversary the rebranding of the school uniform, logo, and school entrance was launched, the book ‘L-Iskola St Michael: L-għaxqa ta’ San Ġorġ Preca’ was published and several celebrations were organised during that year.